Sisters

Sisters

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

I got to spend a girls night out with girlfriends at Carly's wedding. I miss them so much! Even though it was short (I still have the earliest curfew, I'm still nursing) it was fun.


Emmy relaxing under the Cabana



We have so many things to be thankful for I couldn't even begin to list them all.
We rotate families for Thanksgiving and this year it was our turn to spend it with my family. We weren't sure if it was going to happen because they go to Cancun every year. At the last minute we found tickets (which wasn't easy) and decided to go. We surprised my siblings and they were definately surprised. I went on Monday and Brady on Tuesday. We all did great even though Aspen had an ear infection, it was Emmy's first time flying, and my first time flying by myself with two kids. They couldn't have been more perfect it was the airlines that made it stressful. A long story made short they don't make it easy to fly with infants! I didn't bring my cell, I can't use it international and I didn't bring a credit card, just some cash. I had already paid for Emmy's ticket and when we got there they said I didn't, blah, blah, blah. I am just so glad I had a prompting from the Holy Ghost and listened. I wrote down the Sommers number (we were on the same flight) right as I was getting dropped off at the airport, just in case. They ended up paying for the ticket and we barely made it. But it was smooth from there.


We had a great Thanksgiving and got the best from both sides of the family.


These pictures should be the other way around

When we got back we got to spend some time with Mahlie and Tori who were visiting from Virgina.




Living it up in Cancun and relaxing under the cabana



Beautiful sunset



The best looking girls ever!



I'm not big on scenic pictures but this was the first time I have ever seen two rainbow together like this.


The much needed nap time. They are so cute when they are asleep.



GiGi and Papa ("Papi")



Beach:Only to take a picture, we are pool people.



How we spent ae time:

Brady volleyball and naps with Aspen




Aspen couldn't get enough of the shower and the pool.



Me swimming with the family and reading under the cabana with Emmy.





Thanksgiving





Emmy's first Thanksgiving





The Sunday before we left I made a Thanksgiving dinner. I did everything but a real turkey I did turkey cutlets instead. I'm not sure I will make those again. It isn't that much work when you are only feeding four people :)


Aspen was so excited to wear her hat she made at school.

PS I'm still learning how to blog the pictures never seem to be in the right spot :)
























































1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. How come you had to pay for a ticket for Emmy? She is a baby..

    ReplyDelete